Programming the MSP430 in Circuit
This tutorial was inspired by this youtube video.
- Remove your MSP430 from your Launchpad and place it in the breadboard.
- Remove the TEST, RST, and VCC jumpers from your Launchpad.
- Connect wires to the TEST, RST, and VCC pins closest to the microUSB connector.
- Connect TEST to Pin 17 of your MSP430
- Connect RST to Pin 16 of your MSP430
- Connect VCC to Pin 1 of your MSP430
- Connect the GND pin on your MSP430 to ground on your breadboard.
- Connect the VCC pin on your MSP430 to voltage on your breadboard - not more than 3.3V!
You're now ready to program your MSP430 in-circuit. When you remove the USB cable, it will run under its own power!